Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Facebook post helps free man from jail
Alfredo Gonzalez, 46, of 363 Central St., first floor, was freed from the Belknap County House of Corrections on Wednesday after spending two years and six days in prison, Sisti said. A jail employee confirmed Gonzalez's release.
Gonzalez was charged in connection with the 2011 overdose death of 22-year-old Ashley Denty, a mother of a 2-year-old son.
Sisti said the county attorney's office by July had received a 64-page transcript of an interview by Laconia police "that included references to a Facebook page of a specific individual admitting to the killing of the alleged victim."
On Wednesday, prosecutors attempted to amend a second charge, sale of a narcotic drug (heroin), to list a different date for the crime. Sisti said he objected and the judge agreed. Prosecutors then dropped the charge, leading to Gonzalez's release.
Laconia Police Chief Christopher Adams referred inquiries to the county attorney's office.
A court employee confirmed the charges were dropped.
Sisti said his client "just wants to relax and gather his thoughts."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917