Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Facebook post helps free man from jail
Alfredo Gonzalez, 46, of 363 Central St., first floor, was freed from the Belknap County House of Corrections on Wednesday after spending two years and six days in prison, Sisti said. A jail employee confirmed Gonzalez's release.
Gonzalez was charged in connection with the 2011 overdose death of 22-year-old Ashley Denty, a mother of a 2-year-old son.
Sisti said the county attorney's office by July had received a 64-page transcript of an interview by Laconia police "that included references to a Facebook page of a specific individual admitting to the killing of the alleged victim."
On Wednesday, prosecutors attempted to amend a second charge, sale of a narcotic drug (heroin), to list a different date for the crime. Sisti said he objected and the judge agreed. Prosecutors then dropped the charge, leading to Gonzalez's release.
Laconia Police Chief Christopher Adams referred inquiries to the county attorney's office.
A court employee confirmed the charges were dropped.
Sisti said his client "just wants to relax and gather his thoughts."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief