Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire displaces six in Nashua
NASHUA -- Six people were displaced following a two-alarm fire early Friday morning at a home on South Groton Street in downtown Nashua.
The fire at 7 South Groton St. was reported around 3:15 a.m. on Friday, according to fire officials, who said heavy smoke was visible when emergency crews arrived on the scene.
Fire eventually spread from the basement to the attic of the 2 ½ story wood structure, according to O'Brien, who said the blaze was mostly contained to the wall joists.
"We had to open up the wall and chase the hidden fire," he explained.
All six occupants escaped the fire unharmed, and no firefighters were injured battling the blaze. The fire was under control within an hour, according to O'Brien.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. O'Brien said it does not appear to be suspicious, but the city's fire marshal is investigating. The origin of the fire also is still trying to be determined, he said.
Providing station coverage during the fire were crews from Hudson, Manchester and Merrimack fire departments.
The names of the occupants were not immediately released on Friday morning, however city property records identify the homeowners as Paul and Manon Tanguay.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation