Home » News » Public Safety
Early morning fire displaces six in Nashua
NASHUA -- Six people were displaced following a two-alarm fire early Friday morning at a home on South Groton Street in downtown Nashua.
The fire at 7 South Groton St. was reported around 3:15 a.m. on Friday, according to fire officials, who said heavy smoke was visible when emergency crews arrived on the scene.
Fire eventually spread from the basement to the attic of the 2 ½ story wood structure, according to O'Brien, who said the blaze was mostly contained to the wall joists.
"We had to open up the wall and chase the hidden fire," he explained.
All six occupants escaped the fire unharmed, and no firefighters were injured battling the blaze. The fire was under control within an hour, according to O'Brien.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. O'Brien said it does not appear to be suspicious, but the city's fire marshal is investigating. The origin of the fire also is still trying to be determined, he said.
Providing station coverage during the fire were crews from Hudson, Manchester and Merrimack fire departments.
The names of the occupants were not immediately released on Friday morning, however city property records identify the homeowners as Paul and Manon Tanguay.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over