'Come See What's New'
Derryfest events range from a roaming tortoise to a POW/MIA ceremony
The celebration at MacGregor Park included a roaming tortoise, live acts such as the Red Star Twirlers, and a solemn MIA/POW ceremony held by the local VFW. Conditions were mild, under partly cloudy skies, as those attending casually stopped by the vendor booths or saw a live performance.
Organizers strive to make Derryfest different each year, he said.
"I just thought I'd see what they had to say and check up with it later," she said.
The tortoise is about 30 years old and can reach an age of 150 years, she said as children gathered around Socrates.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.