Home » News » Public Safety
Driver crashes into bicyclists in Hampton, killing two
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass. and Elise Bouchard, 52, of Danvers, Mass. both died from their injuries. Wells had been transported to Exeter Hospital and Bouchard to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Bicyclists Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass. and Margo Heigh, 54, of Danvers, Mass. were both transported to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
According to police, the four cyclists were traveling north on Ocean Blvd. just starting over the bridge when a vehicle operated by Darriean Hess, 20, of Seabrook crossed over into the northbound lane and struck them.
Hess was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital and treated for minor injuries, police said.
The accident occurred around 8:30 a.m. at the Underwood Bridge spanning Hampton Harbor.
Hampton Fire and Rescue, North Hampton Fire and Rescue, the Seabrook Fire Department and the Rye Fire Department all assisted at the scene. The Seabrook Police Department and the New Hampshire State Police continue to investigate the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072