Home » News » Public Safety
Driver crashes into bicyclists in Hampton, killing two
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass. and Elise Bouchard, 52, of Danvers, Mass. both died from their injuries. Wells had been transported to Exeter Hospital and Bouchard to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Bicyclists Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass. and Margo Heigh, 54, of Danvers, Mass. were both transported to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
According to police, the four cyclists were traveling north on Ocean Blvd. just starting over the bridge when a vehicle operated by Darriean Hess, 20, of Seabrook crossed over into the northbound lane and struck them.
Hess was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital and treated for minor injuries, police said.
The accident occurred around 8:30 a.m. at the Underwood Bridge spanning Hampton Harbor.
Hampton Fire and Rescue, North Hampton Fire and Rescue, the Seabrook Fire Department and the Rye Fire Department all assisted at the scene. The Seabrook Police Department and the New Hampshire State Police continue to investigate the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry - 0
- He helps make the Londonderry police force stronger - 0
- Hampton Beach Fire makes new home official - 0
- Firefighters from 10 towns fight Loudon 3-alarm blaze - 0
- Mass. man rescued from Mt. Haystack in Franconia - 0
- Firefighters from 10 communities fight second 3-alarm fire in one day in Loudon - 0
- UPDATE: Lancaster man, 74, killed in head-on Columbia crash - 0
- UPDATE: Mother, daughter fell from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
- Man who led Rochester police on chase held on $100K bail - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072