Home » News » Public Safety
Driver crashes into bicyclists in Hampton, killing two
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass. and Elise Bouchard, 52, of Danvers, Mass. both died from their injuries. Wells had been transported to Exeter Hospital and Bouchard to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Bicyclists Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass. and Margo Heigh, 54, of Danvers, Mass. were both transported to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
According to police, the four cyclists were traveling north on Ocean Blvd. just starting over the bridge when a vehicle operated by Darriean Hess, 20, of Seabrook crossed over into the northbound lane and struck them.
Hess was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital and treated for minor injuries, police said.
The accident occurred around 8:30 a.m. at the Underwood Bridge spanning Hampton Harbor.
Hampton Fire and Rescue, North Hampton Fire and Rescue, the Seabrook Fire Department and the Rye Fire Department all assisted at the scene. The Seabrook Police Department and the New Hampshire State Police continue to investigate the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing