Home » News » Public Safety
Driver crashes into bicyclists in Hampton, killing two
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass. and Elise Bouchard, 52, of Danvers, Mass. both died from their injuries. Wells had been transported to Exeter Hospital and Bouchard to Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Bicyclists Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass. and Margo Heigh, 54, of Danvers, Mass. were both transported to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
According to police, the four cyclists were traveling north on Ocean Blvd. just starting over the bridge when a vehicle operated by Darriean Hess, 20, of Seabrook crossed over into the northbound lane and struck them.
Hess was transported to Portsmouth Regional Hospital and treated for minor injuries, police said.
The accident occurred around 8:30 a.m. at the Underwood Bridge spanning Hampton Harbor.
Hampton Fire and Rescue, North Hampton Fire and Rescue, the Seabrook Fire Department and the Rye Fire Department all assisted at the scene. The Seabrook Police Department and the New Hampshire State Police continue to investigate the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced