Home » News » Public Safety
Police identify bodies found in Hampton River as local men
Police said Mark E. Classen, 57, and Bruce W. Menezes, 53, both of Hampton, drowned in the river and were recovered by Hampton police and the New Hampshire Marine Patrol.
Police responded to the river in the area of the Hampton River Boat Club after receiving a call at 10:47 a.m. Friday from a person who reported seeing a body floating in the river.
Hampton Police Chief Jamie Sullivan said police used a small boat to recover the body and during the process investigators discovered a second body in the water around noon.
Police recovered the second body with help from New Hampshire Marine Patrol.
Police have said they are not sure how long the bodies were in the water.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth