Home » Sports » Motor Sports
NHMS Notebook: Joyce 21st in K&N Pro Series debut
"He was two laps from being clear of all that," said his veteran crew chief Mark McFarland. "These restarts just bunch everything up and in these cars it takes them a while to get spread out because they're so equal."
"Hopefully we can get some races on the K&N Pro series next year and hopefully we won't have such bad luck," Joyce said.
The driver is ready, McFarland said.
"He's good enough to be in this series. He's just got to get the right funding and the right breaks and get with the right team and build the chemistry it takes to run in the top five every week."
- - - - - - -
NHMS general manager Jerry Gappens said there will be general admission tickets on sale for Sunday's 2 p.m. race. He expects the event to be sold out. There are single and odd-seat tickets available in the grandstand and there will also be room on the hill in Turn 3 ... Gappens cited a weather forecast that calls for overnight rain to move out by 11 a.m., but figures some fans may be scared off by the weather. . . . "We've got our jet dryers ready and I feel pretty confident about getting the race in and starting on time," Gappens said ... Todd Szegedy bumped leader Donny Lia to the outside and passed him for the lead on the last lap to win the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour F.W Webb 100, the first race on Saturday afternoon . . . Cup driver Ryan Newman, a regular in the Modified race here who started from the pole, slipped into the second spot and Lia fnished third. . . . Szegedy snapped a 28-race drought and won his 18th overall Modified race and third at NHMS.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 0
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 2
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings