NHIAA Football: Exeter prevails over Winnacunnet in OT epic
Exeter took a 35-28 lead on fullback Jay Inzenga's 1-yard run on fourth down in OT. Winnacunnet scored on its overtime possession when quarterback Ing Hao Veasna connected with Collin Witt for a 7-yard TD pass. Winnacunnet called a timeout after the TD, and then sophomore kicker Max Chaykowsky's PAT attempt was wide left.
Inzenga gained 280 yards on 25 carries and scored three touchdowns to help Exeter raise its Division I record to 3-0. The Blue Hawks were the No. 1 team in last week's Union Leader/WGIR/WMUR Power Poll.
It looked like Exeter had wrapped up the victory when Inzenga scored his second touchdown on a 58-yard TD run with 2:25 to play. The touchdown plus Matt Oppici's fourth point-after kick gave Exeter a 28-14 lead with 2:25 remaining.
"For us to come out on top is certainly pleasing, but we're not anywhere near where we need to be."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 0
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 24
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 3
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice