NHIAA Football: Exeter prevails over Winnacunnet in OT epic
Exeter took a 35-28 lead on fullback Jay Inzenga's 1-yard run on fourth down in OT. Winnacunnet scored on its overtime possession when quarterback Ing Hao Veasna connected with Collin Witt for a 7-yard TD pass. Winnacunnet called a timeout after the TD, and then sophomore kicker Max Chaykowsky's PAT attempt was wide left.
Inzenga gained 280 yards on 25 carries and scored three touchdowns to help Exeter raise its Division I record to 3-0. The Blue Hawks were the No. 1 team in last week's Union Leader/WGIR/WMUR Power Poll.
It looked like Exeter had wrapped up the victory when Inzenga scored his second touchdown on a 58-yard TD run with 2:25 to play. The touchdown plus Matt Oppici's fourth point-after kick gave Exeter a 28-14 lead with 2:25 remaining.
"For us to come out on top is certainly pleasing, but we're not anywhere near where we need to be."
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 46
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 9
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child