Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: Western Conn. rolls over Plymouth State
Western Conn. (2-0) quarterback Will Arndt was 21-for-29 for 218 yards, a touchdown and interception.
Sophomore quarterback Andrew Murphy tossed four touchdown passes, including three to junior Justin Bernard, but the St. Anselm College football team was handed a 70-26 defeat by the University of New Haven Friday night at Grappone Stadium. The Hawks dropped to 0-3 on the season, including 0-2 in Northeast-10 play. Murphy finished 31-for-42 for 275 yards, four TDs and an interception... Junior Kenny Doublette scored twice as Southern New Hampshire University (4-1) beat the University of New Haven 4-0 in Northeast-10 men's soccer action... Colby-Sawyer College defeated Becker College 3-0 on goals from Carlton Wheeler-Omiunu, Rick Prindiville (Hooksett) and Alex Ortega.
Meg Flatley scored with 92 seconds remaining in regulation to lift the University of New Hampshire field hockey team (3-4) to a 2-1 non-conference win over Central Michigan University at the University of Maine Saturday ... Freshman forward Kayla Renaud scored two goals to lead Keene State (7-0) to a 3-0 field hockey win over Bridgewater State University...Junior Ali Savage scored the lone goal for the Dartmouth field hockey team in a 7-1 loss to Princeton ... Elizabeth Sears registered a goal and an assist, but the St. Anselm College field hockey team was edged 3-2 in overtime by Adelphi University ... Junior Nikki Garvey (Canaan) recorded her second hat trick of the season to lead Plymouth State University to a 5-0 victory over Western Connecticut University in Little East Conference field hockey action. ... Jennifer Busk's goal in the 42nd minute proved to be the difference the College of Saint Rose edged Southern New Hampshire University (3-2-1) by a 1-0 score in Northeast-10 women's soccer action...Senior right side Ashley Bruce (Hampton Falls) piled up 14 kills but it was not enough for the Franklin Pierce University volleyball team (4-1) in a 3-1 loss to New Haven ... The SNHU volleyball team spilt in a tri-match at Merrimack College, defeating Post University and losing to Dowling College. The Penmen are now 5-3 overall.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0