Laconia photo exhibit explores home of Elvis Presley
Photographer Evelyn Lamprey this month takes viewers inside Elvis Presley's house in an exhibition titled "Just Like Us, Only Not" at The Studio, 50 Canal St., Laconia. Lamprey visited the King's "Graceland" last year, and the resulting showing reveals an "almost-average home, dated and nostalgic, with only a few glimpses of the over-the-top excess that we often associate with Elvis," curators said. "I was surprised at how unpretentious so much of it was," Lamprey said. Hours are Wednesdays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., or by appointment. For more information, call 455-8008.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.