Roger Brown's First and 10: Bedford senior quarterback Colella steps in, steps up
AFTER missing a week with a dislocated thumb, Nashua South quarterback Trevor Knight was back on the field Friday night and played a large role in South's 38-13 triumph over Timberlane of Plaistow.
Knight, who will play at the University of New Hampshire next season, ran for 176 yards and two touchdowns and completed 14 of 20 passes for 110 yards and two touchdowns as No. 4 South raised its Division I record to 3-0.
Offensive lineman Noah Curry and Pat Glynn also saw their first action of the season for the Clippers, who led Merrimack Valley 48-0 at halftime and raised their Division II record to 2-1.
MARK PHILLIPS collected his first victory as Alvirne of Hudson's head coach when his Broncos finished strong in a 42-32 triumph over Dover on Friday.
Alvirne overcame deficits of 21-0 and 32-14. Tyler Cabral returned a fumble 53 yards for a touchdown and scooped up a blocked punt and scored from 27 yards away. Each TD came in the fourth quarter.
Merrimack got off to a 2-0 start in Division I this season, but didn't come close to building on that momentum on Friday night against Concord. The Crimson Tide scored 42 first-half points en route to a 55-0 victory.
Through two games Merrimack led the state in scoring (100 points). Concord improved to 3-0 and has scored 142 points in its three victories.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Most NH hospitals average on measurement of knee, hip surgery; Wentworth-Douglas among worst
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos