Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Wear pink and prepare to be pampered at the Enchanting Beauty Women's Expo
"If you don't come in pink, you can't get in," said Dick Anagnost, who is helping organize the Friday, Oct. 18, event.
Of course there will be a few men there too, including Dick and Alexander Anagnost. I am sure they will be wearing pink too.
We're halfway to Saint Patrick's Day and the Saint Patrick's Day Parade Committee is seeking nominations for grand marshal.
An online nomination form and a list of past grand marshals, including Father Jerome Day, Louis Craig and Marty Quirk, can be found at www.saintpatsnh.com. The committee is looking for nominees of Irish heritage and Catholic faith who have contributed to the betterment of the Greater Manchester area. The chosen grand marshal will get to march on March 30 with their family in the parade.
Showing love for Luke
Students and faculty members at Hillside Middle School are showing their community spirit again as they plan the 2nd annual Luke Capistran Memorial 5K.
It's already Manchester City Marathon time again. Registration for the 7th annual race on Sunday, Nov. 3, is now open. All races begin and end on Elm Street and wind their way through various city neighborhoods.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
You can see the DeLorean auto from "Back to the Future III" at this weekend's 10th annual Granite State Comic Con. My buddies at Double Midnight Comics and Collectibles promise me it's going to be the largest Comic Con the Granite State has ever seen. For the first time ever, the "celebration of comics and geek culture" will be held over two days — Saturday and Sunday — at the Radisson.
Visit www.nh365.org for more information on events happening around Manchester this weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans