Hollis-based website provides forum for good deeds
Too many times, Wheeler worked with individuals dealing with an unexpected illness or life-altering accident that was not fully covered by health insurance.
Dedicating Dollars is a new online site that is helping individuals raise enough money to afford all of their mishaps, bills and dreams. Wheeler, of Hollis, created the crowdfunding site as a way of giving back to the people who desperately need a helping hand, he said.
For cancer patients who must travel into Boston for medical services three times a week, there are many underlying costs that can really add up, according to Wheeler. Fuel, lodging and food can become costly, he said.
So far, there are nearly 10 fundraisers already posted on the site, and Wheeler is optimistic the business will flourish once people begin to understand the concept.
“That is a very competitive fee, and I am proud of that,” he added.
Ray Brouillette, co-owner of Peaceworks Animal Sanctuary in Bedford, is spending a minimum of $2,000 per month in operational costs to care for several rescue dogs and horses housed at his 13-acre property.
The sanctuary is hoping to receive some pit bulls that were recently rescued from a pit-bull fighting ring raid in Texas, according to Brouillette, who said incredibly sick dogs could rack up a price-tag of nearly $2,500 to make healthy, especially if surgery is necessary.
Brouillette is optimistic that Dedicating Dollars will serve as an outlet that could potentially provide financial hope for his animal rescue efforts. To learn more about Dedicating Dollars, visit www.dedicatingdollars.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.