Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Nashua man arrested after fatal crash in Walpole
Multiple people were injured in the crash that occurred at 2 p.m. on Sunday.
A northbound Subaru Forester, driven by Mathew Flynn, 25, of Nashua, was traveling just north of Blackjack Crossing Road when it crossed into the southbound lane and collided with a southbound Toyota RAV-4, driven by Marguerite Lucas, 64, of Springfield, Vt.
Flynn was flown by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon and Lucas was taken by ambulance to Springfield Hospital in Springfield, Vt.
A passenger in Flynn’s vehicle, Gerard Flynn, 21, of Nashua, also was injured and flown by helicopter to UMASS Medical Center in Worcester, Massachusetts.
A second passenger in Flynn's vehicle died as a result of injuries sustained during the collision. State police said the identity is not being released at this time pending positive identification by the New Hampshire Medical Examiner’s Office.
Impairment was a factor in this collision, State Police said Monday.
As a result of the investigation, Flynn was arrested at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and charged with negligent homicide.
Troop C was assisted by Walpole police and fire departments, as well as the State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit.
Anyone with information regarding the collision can contact Sgt. Daniel R. Brow or Trooper John E. Lucero at 603-358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Jacob Brown - 0
- 2 dead, 17 injured in NYC building explosion - 1
- Milan voters support Kenney in tight race, elect two new selectmen - 0
- Auburn police contract approved - 0
- Newton selectmen chairman defeated in election - 0
- Candia to look at alternatives to Central High School - 0
- Goffstown rejects $4.5M fire station plan - 0
- Bedford votes down fire substation; $30M for roads approved - 0
NH oil dealer who failed to deliver convicted in Montana of millions in construction fraud
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal