Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Nashua man arrested after fatal crash in Walpole
Multiple people were injured in the crash that occurred at 2 p.m. on Sunday.
A northbound Subaru Forester, driven by Mathew Flynn, 25, of Nashua, was traveling just north of Blackjack Crossing Road when it crossed into the southbound lane and collided with a southbound Toyota RAV-4, driven by Marguerite Lucas, 64, of Springfield, Vt.
Flynn was flown by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon and Lucas was taken by ambulance to Springfield Hospital in Springfield, Vt.
A passenger in Flynn’s vehicle, Gerard Flynn, 21, of Nashua, also was injured and flown by helicopter to UMASS Medical Center in Worcester, Massachusetts.
A second passenger in Flynn's vehicle died as a result of injuries sustained during the collision. State police said the identity is not being released at this time pending positive identification by the New Hampshire Medical Examiner’s Office.
Impairment was a factor in this collision, State Police said Monday.
As a result of the investigation, Flynn was arrested at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and charged with negligent homicide.
Troop C was assisted by Walpole police and fire departments, as well as the State Police Technical Accident Reconstruction Unit.
Anyone with information regarding the collision can contact Sgt. Daniel R. Brow or Trooper John E. Lucero at 603-358-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 0
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 15
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
- Two Manchester brothers indicted in Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483