Derry's Pinkerton Academy looks at narrowing dress code
“The kids are all abuzz about this,” Dean of Students Glenn Ahrens said, adding, “There are a lot of options within those parameters.”
Ahrens said during an on-campus fashion show earlier this year, Student Council members modeled clothing that would be allowed under the proposed dress code, including polo shirts and even a sweater vest.
A parents’ meeting to discuss the dress code is set for Thursday at the school.
Despite having the word “Unified” in the name, the dress code is not a uniform, administrators said.
Pinkerton Academy students Joe Ronca and his sister, Alyssa Ronca, said they have mixed emotions about the proposed changes. “I would rather wear my own clothes to be honest, and some of the stuff they’ve given us to choose from is not the most attractive and appealing,” Alyssa Ronca, a freshman, said. “But it’s not that big of a deal. It will make getting ready easier.”Her brother is a junior.
“A lot of it is left to interpretation,” the elder Ronca said. “So I’d rather have a dress code; that way it’s cut and dried.”
“They aren’t going to the beach; they are coming to school, and they have to be dressed appropriately,” Anderson said.
“We have a dress code now, but the kids push the limits,” Anderson said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 3
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 18
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth