Home » News » Public Safety
Friends mourn loss of pair who drowned in Hampton River
Nickerson, who rents out other properties next door, said Menezes and Classen were often found sitting out on the front porch of the place they rented at 11 River Ave.
Nickerson didn’t think much of it when he didn’t see the two men around for a couple days after his chat with Menezes.
He said he was shocked when he learned that they were found dead in the Hampton River last Friday of an apparent drowning.
Autopsies performed Saturday concluded that both men died from drowning, but police have released few details about the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
Friends and neighbors said they believe it was all just an accident, that maybe one of them fell into the river and the other jumped in to rescue him and both were swept away by the current.
Nickerson said Classen and Menezes lived together at the River Avenue residence for the last few months. He liked having them living next door because they kept an eye on his property.
“Bruce would give you the shirt off his back,” Bailey said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
- Woman gets speeding ticket, then crashes into guard rail - 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem