Home » News » Public Safety
Friends mourn loss of pair who drowned in Hampton River
Nickerson, who rents out other properties next door, said Menezes and Classen were often found sitting out on the front porch of the place they rented at 11 River Ave.
Nickerson didn’t think much of it when he didn’t see the two men around for a couple days after his chat with Menezes.
He said he was shocked when he learned that they were found dead in the Hampton River last Friday of an apparent drowning.
Autopsies performed Saturday concluded that both men died from drowning, but police have released few details about the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
Friends and neighbors said they believe it was all just an accident, that maybe one of them fell into the river and the other jumped in to rescue him and both were swept away by the current.
Nickerson said Classen and Menezes lived together at the River Avenue residence for the last few months. He liked having them living next door because they kept an eye on his property.
“Bruce would give you the shirt off his back,” Bailey said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax