Home » News » Public Safety
Friends mourn loss of pair who drowned in Hampton River
Nickerson, who rents out other properties next door, said Menezes and Classen were often found sitting out on the front porch of the place they rented at 11 River Ave.
Nickerson didn’t think much of it when he didn’t see the two men around for a couple days after his chat with Menezes.
He said he was shocked when he learned that they were found dead in the Hampton River last Friday of an apparent drowning.
Autopsies performed Saturday concluded that both men died from drowning, but police have released few details about the circumstances surrounding the deaths.
Friends and neighbors said they believe it was all just an accident, that maybe one of them fell into the river and the other jumped in to rescue him and both were swept away by the current.
Nickerson said Classen and Menezes lived together at the River Avenue residence for the last few months. He liked having them living next door because they kept an eye on his property.
“Bruce would give you the shirt off his back,” Bailey said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 1
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Giving Max effort for the Wildcats - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer