Home » News » Public Safety
Investigation continues into crash that killed bicyclists in Hampton
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass., and Elise Bouchard of Danvers, Mass., were killed. Two other Bay State residents were hurt, Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass., and Margo Heigh of Danvers, Mass.
A “century” is cycling terminology for a ride of 100 miles. The Seacoast event included several options for riders who did not want to ride the 100.4 mile full distance.
“This is a fun ride, not a race,” the group said, in a reminder on its website to participants in the event.
Riders are warned of the need to be mindful of safety when cycling along the Seacoast in a ride that involves dealine with “narrow colonial New England roads, steel decked bridges and weekend traffic.”
The Tri-State Seacoast Century is limited by organizers to 1,600 riders who had to register in advance, by Aug. 31, to participate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- Harvard clears all buildings after report of explosives - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- $3.6 million rotary near Nashua-Hudson line advances - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072