Home » News » Public Safety
Investigation continues into crash that killed bicyclists in Hampton
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass., and Elise Bouchard of Danvers, Mass., were killed. Two other Bay State residents were hurt, Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass., and Margo Heigh of Danvers, Mass.
A “century” is cycling terminology for a ride of 100 miles. The Seacoast event included several options for riders who did not want to ride the 100.4 mile full distance.
“This is a fun ride, not a race,” the group said, in a reminder on its website to participants in the event.
Riders are warned of the need to be mindful of safety when cycling along the Seacoast in a ride that involves dealine with “narrow colonial New England roads, steel decked bridges and weekend traffic.”
The Tri-State Seacoast Century is limited by organizers to 1,600 riders who had to register in advance, by Aug. 31, to participate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'