Home » News » Public Safety
Investigation continues into crash that killed bicyclists in Hampton
Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass., and Elise Bouchard of Danvers, Mass., were killed. Two other Bay State residents were hurt, Uwe Uhmeyer, 60, of Essex, Mass., and Margo Heigh of Danvers, Mass.
A “century” is cycling terminology for a ride of 100 miles. The Seacoast event included several options for riders who did not want to ride the 100.4 mile full distance.
“This is a fun ride, not a race,” the group said, in a reminder on its website to participants in the event.
Riders are warned of the need to be mindful of safety when cycling along the Seacoast in a ride that involves dealine with “narrow colonial New England roads, steel decked bridges and weekend traffic.”
The Tri-State Seacoast Century is limited by organizers to 1,600 riders who had to register in advance, by Aug. 31, to participate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate