Loudon sees smooth NASCAR Sprint Series on Sunday
Had the rain continued, the race would have been postponed.
Speedway officials used their seven jet-engine dryers and other equipment to dry the track in the morning, and the sunshine helped finish the job as race time approached.
There were no problems all weekend at the speedway, said Kristen Costa, the track's director of communications.
Race goers may have noticed a different kind of aircraft flyover than usual Sunday. Prior to this year, the U.S. Air Force sent jets to Loudon for pre-race flyovers, but that tradition ended because of the government's sequestration cuts earlier this year.
Costa said the speedway and the owner of the plane, the Collings Foundation of Stow, Mass., worked together to bring the plane, which was at Manchester Airport last week as part of the foundation's Wings of Freedom tour, to the track.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 2
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over