Loudon sees smooth NASCAR Sprint Series on Sunday
Had the rain continued, the race would have been postponed.
Speedway officials used their seven jet-engine dryers and other equipment to dry the track in the morning, and the sunshine helped finish the job as race time approached.
There were no problems all weekend at the speedway, said Kristen Costa, the track's director of communications.
Race goers may have noticed a different kind of aircraft flyover than usual Sunday. Prior to this year, the U.S. Air Force sent jets to Loudon for pre-race flyovers, but that tradition ended because of the government's sequestration cuts earlier this year.
Costa said the speedway and the owner of the plane, the Collings Foundation of Stow, Mass., worked together to bring the plane, which was at Manchester Airport last week as part of the foundation's Wings of Freedom tour, to the track.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester extends snow emergency; pedestrian injured when hit by plow - 1
- Seacoast digs out from more than a foot of snow - 0
- Snowfall totals in NH vary from 7 inches to more than a foot. - 0
- Manchester police say no major snow-related problems - 2
- Winter storm brings a foot of snow to most of NH - 0
- Slow down NH, and smell the snowplows - 4
- Keep it simple and be prepared for winter storm driving in NH - 0
- Storm packing heavy snow bears down on U.S. Midwest, Northeast - 0
- Manchester declares snow emergency for Saturday night - 1
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0