Loudon sees smooth NASCAR Sprint Series on Sunday
Had the rain continued, the race would have been postponed.
Speedway officials used their seven jet-engine dryers and other equipment to dry the track in the morning, and the sunshine helped finish the job as race time approached.
There were no problems all weekend at the speedway, said Kristen Costa, the track's director of communications.
Race goers may have noticed a different kind of aircraft flyover than usual Sunday. Prior to this year, the U.S. Air Force sent jets to Loudon for pre-race flyovers, but that tradition ended because of the government's sequestration cuts earlier this year.
Costa said the speedway and the owner of the plane, the Collings Foundation of Stow, Mass., worked together to bring the plane, which was at Manchester Airport last week as part of the foundation's Wings of Freedom tour, to the track.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rainy forecast forces Portsmouth to cancel Christmas parade; tree lighting still on - 0
- NHDOT: Snow, sleet causing no traffic problems on state's highways - 0
- Utilities tallying up the damage - 3
- Elliot Hospital serves dinner to those affected by power outages - 0
- Power outages down to final few - 2
- Lights, heat making slow return - 7
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 10
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Police remove dogs, cats and pig from Derry home after report of strong odor - 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
- Holiday sales may recover with help of deep discounts - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules