Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Dartmouth gridders win opener
Sophomore quarterback Dalyn Williams threw for 228 yards and ran for another 119 to lead Dartmouth (1-0) to its fourth consecutive opening-day victory. Williams also rushed for a touchdown.
Butler (2-2) rallied from a 30-10 deficit in the fourth quarter behind QB Matt Lancaster, who completed a school-record 42 passes (on 68 attempts) for 395 yards. His last pass, from the Dartmouth 34, fell incomplete at the goal line as time expired.
The Keene State College soccer teams beat Plymouth State on Saturday night, the men prevailing 5-0 in Keene and the women winning 3-0 in Plymouth.
In the men’s game, senior Scott Douglas scored a pair of goals helped KSC improve to 2-5 (1-0 in the Little East Conference). PSU dropped to 2-4 and 0-1. Malcolm Cheney made three saves to notch his first shutout of the season.
Sophomore Jesus Tudela Zaragoza scored the game-winning goal in the eighth minute of overtime to lift the University of New Hampshire men’s soccer team over Grand Canyon University, 1-0, Saturday night.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Public Service seeks rate hike; blames energy costs - 4
- NRC to address concrete degradation at Seabrook nuclear plant - 0
- Maine environmental groups clash over wind power - 0
- 2008 ice storm left thousands powerless, changed the way NH prepares - 1
- Council considers attorney to serve on PUC - 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0