Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: Dartmouth gridders win opener
Sophomore quarterback Dalyn Williams threw for 228 yards and ran for another 119 to lead Dartmouth (1-0) to its fourth consecutive opening-day victory. Williams also rushed for a touchdown.
Butler (2-2) rallied from a 30-10 deficit in the fourth quarter behind QB Matt Lancaster, who completed a school-record 42 passes (on 68 attempts) for 395 yards. His last pass, from the Dartmouth 34, fell incomplete at the goal line as time expired.
The Keene State College soccer teams beat Plymouth State on Saturday night, the men prevailing 5-0 in Keene and the women winning 3-0 in Plymouth.
In the men’s game, senior Scott Douglas scored a pair of goals helped KSC improve to 2-5 (1-0 in the Little East Conference). PSU dropped to 2-4 and 0-1. Malcolm Cheney made three saves to notch his first shutout of the season.
Sophomore Jesus Tudela Zaragoza scored the game-winning goal in the eighth minute of overtime to lift the University of New Hampshire men’s soccer team over Grand Canyon University, 1-0, Saturday night.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans