Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH Notebook: A bye week talent search
"The only two (coaches) who stayed in the office on Monday and Tuesday were (defensive coordinator) John Lyons and (offensive coordinator) Ryan Carty," UNH head coach Sean McDonnell said. "Everybody else was out on the road. We had eight coaches on the road for us recruiting.
"We still have to figure out if we can hold up a against a real big, physical football team," McDonnell said. "We kind of got some answers out in Central Michigan. Lehigh will be a much more physical football team than Colgate. They have some big, strong kids who can run.
UNH announced that a 15-game multi-sport package will appear live on Fox College Sports during the 2013-14 season. In addition, Fox College Sports will air UNH's monthly magazine show "Inside Wildcat Country" for the upcoming season.
THE HOCKEY EAST men's preseason Coaches' Poll will be released Tuesday during the league's media day at TD Garden. The Wildcats will play an exhibition game against Acadia on Oct. 5, and will open the regular season Oct. 11 against Clarkson in the IceBreaker Tournament at the University of Minnesota.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list