Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH Notebook: A bye week talent search
"The only two (coaches) who stayed in the office on Monday and Tuesday were (defensive coordinator) John Lyons and (offensive coordinator) Ryan Carty," UNH head coach Sean McDonnell said. "Everybody else was out on the road. We had eight coaches on the road for us recruiting.
"We still have to figure out if we can hold up a against a real big, physical football team," McDonnell said. "We kind of got some answers out in Central Michigan. Lehigh will be a much more physical football team than Colgate. They have some big, strong kids who can run.
UNH announced that a 15-game multi-sport package will appear live on Fox College Sports during the 2013-14 season. In addition, Fox College Sports will air UNH's monthly magazine show "Inside Wildcat Country" for the upcoming season.
THE HOCKEY EAST men's preseason Coaches' Poll will be released Tuesday during the league's media day at TD Garden. The Wildcats will play an exhibition game against Acadia on Oct. 5, and will open the regular season Oct. 11 against Clarkson in the IceBreaker Tournament at the University of Minnesota.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis playground effort gains community support - 0
- Kid Zenith members working to make a difference - 0
- Family with special needs students struggles with move - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass