Youth motivator to speak in Londonderry about acts of kindness
LONDONDERRY — A popular annual program will teach local seventh-graders about unspoken acts of kindness.
On Oct. 10 and 11, students at Londonderry Middle School will gather for the 2013 “More Than Words” conference. Held each fall, the program is aimed at reducing bullying and helping students learn how to show respect and support for one another.
This year’s keynote speaker is Scott Backovich, a professional youth motivator from California.
“Making good choices is an important part of everything in life,” Principal Richard Zacchilli said. “The choices that you make determine who you become as a human being.”
Backovich will address Londonderry seventh-graders and their parents during an evening assembly at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 10, with training of student leaders to take place during the school day on Oct. 11.
According to house master Donna Dyer, around 300 students and their parents participated last year and workshops tend to fill up fast. The workshops are free of charge and are open to all district seventh-graders and parents.
For more information, contact Donna Dyer at 432-6925, ext. 3177, or send emails to email@example.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.