Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Lawyer: Lisbon hunter thought he hit doe
Fish and Game officer Gregory Jellison testified Monday that Holmes thought the deer was down, and that he “had made a good shot.” But as Holmes moved in to view the kill, he made a horrific discovery — he had hit Kenneth L. Brunelle, 31, of Marlborough, Mass., a 31-year-old father of two young boys. Brunelle died from a shot to the neck from the 30-06 Winchester rifle Holmes was carrying.
Each of the Class B felonies carries a potential sentence of 3 1/2 to seven years in state prison.
As the 13 jury members — five men and eight women, including an alternate — listened, defense attorney Leonard Harden of Lancaster asked Jellison, “Wade was consistent that he saw a deer.”
Harden criticized authorities’ handling of the scene that day in the woods, specifically the large number of people he said were allowed to “walk around” there.
“Would it surprise you if there were more than 20 people up there?” Harden asked.
Authorities said Brunelle was not hunting that day, but was wearing camouflage in a hunting party that included his father and brother, and was filming them as they hunted.
“He said this was something he would have to live with the rest of his life,” Hamilton testified.
In what’s scheduled to be a five-day trial before Judge Peter H. Bornstein, jurors traveled to view the shooting scene last week. They’re expected to get the case late this week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 3
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424