Manchester elementary students may see other schools due to crowding
At the start of the school year, nearly two dozen classes in kindergarten through grade 5 were overcrowded by state standards, which set a limit of 25 pupils in grades K-2, and 30 students in grades 3 and above.
Livingston said she was still working with parents and principals to finalize the changes, which would take effect next Monday and would bring all elementary school class sizes within the state limits.
If more than 25 or 30 students enroll, the “principal will call the district office, and we’ll make the decision where the child will go,” Livingston said. She added that in the case of siblings, all would be given the option of transferring to the same school.
“Great job, thank you for the information,” Mayor Ted Gatsas said.
Pointing to the handouts distributed by Livingston, the board’s vice chairman, Dave Gelinas, said, “This is one of the best reports I’ve seen in a while. It’s very innovative.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you