DOE hosts packed forum on hotly debated Northern Pass project
Hosmer said he was speaking on behalf of the city of Franklin, which is part of his district and the proposed location for Northeast Utilities to build a new converter station if the project gains approval.
"We must keep in mind, first and foremost, this project is not necessary to keep the lights on," Baker said. "It's a nice-to-have project at-best — if you ignore all the environmental impacts that it would have on this state and this region."
Vaughn wasn't entirely opposed to the project, but said he wants it to have more buried power lines.
This round is necessary to discuss the revisions made to the plan.
• Whitefield on Wednesday, Sept. 25, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, Presidential Room, 101 Mountain View Road.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- State asked to re-evaluate Livermore Falls settlement deal - 0
- Livermore 'friends' pleased with potential settlement from Groton Wind project - 1
- Groton Wind sound tests pass muster for committee - 1
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
- Lundberg survey says gas prices fall as refinery output rises - 0
- Peterborough OKs state's largest solar array project - 0
- Settlement reached between Groton Wind and state AG's office - 1
- Peterborough makes plans for state's largest solar array - 0
- Alexandria won't approve permit for wind-power developer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate