DOE hosts packed forum on hotly debated Northern Pass project
Hosmer said he was speaking on behalf of the city of Franklin, which is part of his district and the proposed location for Northeast Utilities to build a new converter station if the project gains approval.
"We must keep in mind, first and foremost, this project is not necessary to keep the lights on," Baker said. "It's a nice-to-have project at-best — if you ignore all the environmental impacts that it would have on this state and this region."
Vaughn wasn't entirely opposed to the project, but said he wants it to have more buried power lines.
This round is necessary to discuss the revisions made to the plan.
• Whitefield on Wednesday, Sept. 25, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa, Presidential Room, 101 Mountain View Road.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Deadline set for identifiers on for-profit MADD donation bins in NH - 0
- Navy again seeking bids to develop former prison 'The Castle' at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Navy: Anyone want keys to the Castle at Portsmouth shipyard? - 1
- Occupy Manchester group ousted from park makes case before New Hampshire Supreme Ccourt - 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- ‘Coffee with a Cop’ promotes police, community relations - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced