Home » News » Public Safety
Contoocook man dies after car crashes into tree
CONCORD – A Contoocook man died Monday after his Ford Explorer hit a tree near Horse Hill and Runnells roads.
Police said Stephen Blankenship, 72, was transported to Concord Hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
The crash happened about 11:15 a.m. and Horse Hill Road remained closed until 3 p.m. while police investigated and the silver Ford Explorer was removed.
Police said a preliminary investigation does not indicate Blankenship was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
Accident reconstruction personnel from the police department continue to investigate the accident.
Anyone who witnessed it or has information about it is asked to call police at 225-8600 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'