Home » News » Public Safety
Contoocook man dies after car crashes into tree
CONCORD – A Contoocook man died Monday after his Ford Explorer hit a tree near Horse Hill and Runnells roads.
Police said Stephen Blankenship, 72, was transported to Concord Hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
The crash happened about 11:15 a.m. and Horse Hill Road remained closed until 3 p.m. while police investigated and the silver Ford Explorer was removed.
Police said a preliminary investigation does not indicate Blankenship was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
Accident reconstruction personnel from the police department continue to investigate the accident.
Anyone who witnessed it or has information about it is asked to call police at 225-8600 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof