Home » News » Public Safety
Contoocook man dies after car crashes into tree
CONCORD – A Contoocook man died Monday after his Ford Explorer hit a tree near Horse Hill and Runnells roads.
Police said Stephen Blankenship, 72, was transported to Concord Hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
The crash happened about 11:15 a.m. and Horse Hill Road remained closed until 3 p.m. while police investigated and the silver Ford Explorer was removed.
Police said a preliminary investigation does not indicate Blankenship was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
Accident reconstruction personnel from the police department continue to investigate the accident.
Anyone who witnessed it or has information about it is asked to call police at 225-8600 or the Concord Regional Crimeline at 226-3100.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill