NHIAA Roundup: Harlow leads Pembroke to girls’ soccer victory
Pembroke improved to 2-4-0 while the defending Division II state champion Milford squad fell to 1-6-0.
Harlow scored on a direct kick in the 30th minute from about 25 yards out, putting a hard shot on net that Cleary got a piece of but could not stop from reaching the back of the net.
Sunapee 4, Newport 0: At Newport, Sunapee opened the scoring five minutes in on an unassisted bomb from Meg Clarenbach. Mary Grzanna, Abby Armstrong and Danny Usko added goals for Sunapee (6-1-0). Newport fell to 1-6-0.
Timberlane 2, Bishop Guertin 1: At Plaistow, the Owls notched first-half goals from Maggie Bailey and Courtney Sickel. Mia Vecchione scored with 20 minutes remaining to pull BG within one. Jess Walsh made six saves for Timberlane (5-1) in the win. Kelly Mahoney made four saves for BG (3-4).
Derryfield 1, Stevens 0: At Claremont, Polly Carter scored the lone goal, her ninth of the season, in the 20th minute of the first half. Colbi Vaillancourt added her eighth season assist for Derryfield, now 6-0, Derryfield goalie Kate Johnson earned the win, but the defense didn’t allow Stevens a shot. Berklee Vaillancourt, Pat Green, Theo O’Leary and Cecelia Templeton each played well on defense.
Campbell 5, Somersworth 4: At Litchfield, Christian Wallenmaier scored two goals including the winning one with 10 seconds remaining to lead Campbell. Ben Billings scored twice and Jon Donaghey added his ninth of the season for the 3-3 Cougars.
Epping 6, Nute 0: At Epping, the hosts (4-2) got goals from Ryan O’Hare, Jake West, Aziz Zerguine, Cooper Garrow, Madison Demars and James Stanley.
Lebanon 3, Stevens 0: At Lebanon, the hosts improved to 5-1, handing Stevens (5-1) its first loss. Martin Gradijan, Will Merchant and Tate Singleton scored the goals. Lebanon goalies Kenny Weitzman and Miguel Hernandez split the shutout. Austin Putnam made eight saves for Stevens.
Bedford 3, Manchester Memorial 0: At Manchester, Bedford improved to 3-2 with game wins of 25-10, 25-17 and 25-17. Bedford’s Hannah Koehler (14 kills, six blocks), Sadhana Tadepalli (11 assists) and Abby Guerra (20 service points, 15 digs) led the way.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
- 'Everything flows' from 1st Amendment - 2
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up