Families, friends on both sides of Hampton bicycle crash grieve
"Our entire family is completely traumatized and we mourn for the people that were lost in this tragedy. We also pray for the ones that were injured," Magnus Hess told reporters outside the courthouse Wednesday shortly after his sister, 19-year-old Darriean Hess, was arraigned on negligent homicide and second-degree assault charges.
Killed during the Granite State Wheelmen Seacoast Century Ride were Pamela Wells, 60, of South Hamilton, Mass., and Elise Bouchard, 52, of Danvers, Mass.
"I didn't see any tears rolling out of her eyes while she was sitting there (in jail). She just wants to get out; that's what it looked like to me. Her family should suffer by having her in jail like we have to suffer without having our loved ones with us," Wiley said.
"She was just an unbelievable person to lose," he said.
Injured bicyclist Uwe Uhmeyer issued a statement from Portsmouth Regional Hospital Wednesday, saying he is "just happy to be alive."
READER COMMENTS: 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
- Fitzwilliam mining foes hold fundraiser - 1
- House to vote on bill encouraging projects such as Northern Pass to bury power lines - 1
- Lawmakers see another chance for wind farm reform - 1
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up