Portsmouth neighbors' lawsuit seeks to put Strawbery Banke rink on ice
Over the objections of residents at a public hearing, the ZBA granted variances for the skating rink to operate during the winter months, court papers say.
Supporting machinery includes a “rink chiller,” a transformer, skate-sharpening machine and a concessions pavilion, according to court papers.
Strawbery Banke describes itself as a “living history museum” that recreates everyday life in Portsmouth from the 1600s to the 1950s.
The zoning board first took up Stawbery Banke’s application on May 1.
“The application was silent regarding factors such as noise from the transformer, the ‘rink chiller,’ the PA system or outdoor music system and the Zamboni and lighting,” Springer said in the petition.
“The proposed skating rink is not an ‘event’ but rather a business or commercial use,” Springer said in the petition.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
- Fitzwilliam mining foes hold fundraiser - 1
- House to vote on bill encouraging projects such as Northern Pass to bury power lines - 1
- Lawmakers see another chance for wind farm reform - 1
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up