Portsmouth neighbors' lawsuit seeks to put Strawbery Banke rink on ice
Over the objections of residents at a public hearing, the ZBA granted variances for the skating rink to operate during the winter months, court papers say.
Supporting machinery includes a “rink chiller,” a transformer, skate-sharpening machine and a concessions pavilion, according to court papers.
Strawbery Banke describes itself as a “living history museum” that recreates everyday life in Portsmouth from the 1600s to the 1950s.
The zoning board first took up Stawbery Banke’s application on May 1.
“The application was silent regarding factors such as noise from the transformer, the ‘rink chiller,’ the PA system or outdoor music system and the Zamboni and lighting,” Springer said in the petition.
“The proposed skating rink is not an ‘event’ but rather a business or commercial use,” Springer said in the petition.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House partiesREADER COMMENTS: 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice