Jury rejects claim of rat in Manchester lemonade
Colleen Grady, 50, had claimed the July 2011 discovery brought on emotional distress, including post-traumatic stress disorder.
"This verdict affirms that Minute Maid beverages meet the highest quality standards at all times," Cruickshank said in a statement emailed shortly after the verdict.
During the trial, Grady complained that she had to keep the rat carcass in her freezer for more than a week when a courier on behalf of Coca-Cola did not immediately arrive to pick it up. She eventually hired a lawyer, and the rat was in cold storage until brought out during the trial.
The trial featured employees from the Coca-Cola plant in Ontario, Canada, where the frozen lemonade was canned, a video presentation of the plant, physicians with competing interpretations of Grady's diagnosis and even an insect expert who discussed the life cycle of a maggot.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 12
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 5
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 64
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
- VA wait times: They are still bad - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket