Jury rejects claim of rat in Manchester lemonade
Colleen Grady, 50, had claimed the July 2011 discovery brought on emotional distress, including post-traumatic stress disorder.
"This verdict affirms that Minute Maid beverages meet the highest quality standards at all times," Cruickshank said in a statement emailed shortly after the verdict.
During the trial, Grady complained that she had to keep the rat carcass in her freezer for more than a week when a courier on behalf of Coca-Cola did not immediately arrive to pick it up. She eventually hired a lawyer, and the rat was in cold storage until brought out during the trial.
The trial featured employees from the Coca-Cola plant in Ontario, Canada, where the frozen lemonade was canned, a video presentation of the plant, physicians with competing interpretations of Grady's diagnosis and even an insect expert who discussed the life cycle of a maggot.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Electronic benefits: Sin and the EBT card - 2
- ‘Legislative cocaine:’ Gambling and state revenue - 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
- Should a 13-year-old have a TV in their bedroom?
- Total Votes: 547