Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Game shop tips Salem police to attempted sale of stolen goods
SALEM – Two Bay State men are under arrest, accused of trying to pawn stolen items taken from cars in Salem and Manchester.
Joshua Turmel, 19, and Patrick Hardy, 17, both of Methuen, Mass., were arrested early Tuesday evening by Salem police after they allegedly tried to pawn a Nintendo DS that was reported stolen overnight in a break-in of a car parked in a driveway of a Meisner Road home.
The resident notified area pawn shops to make them aware of the stolen game system.
About 5:45 p.m. that same day, an employee of Game Stop at the Mall at Rockingham Park called police when two men, identified by police as Turmel and Hardy, tried to pawn the game system.
Investigators also recovered several other stolen items including iPods, GPS systems, electronics and collectible coins. Salem police determined the property was stolen from cars broken into in Manchester as well as on Meisner Road, Henderson Circle, Royal Circle and Dunbar Terrace in Salem.
Police are asking residents in the area of the thefts to contact Officer Ryan Sambataro if they discover items stolen from their vehicles.
Turmel is charged with receiving stolen property and possession of property without a serial number. Hardy was charged with receiving stolen property and possession of a controlled drug.
Both are being held on $2,500 cash bail pending arraignment.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917