Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Lisbon hunter's fatal shot: Was there a deer or not?
Holmes has insisted he saw and heard a doe that morning in the Lisbon woods and shot his Winchester 30-06 bolt-action rifle from about 75 feet.
“I know it’s highly unlikely,” Mancini replied.
Harden repeated that Mancini didn’t know what Holmes had seen.
“I can’t say with any degree of certainty,” Mancini acknowledged.
Jellison testified that there had been times when he’d heard a deer blow only once, while others did so several times. As far as reacting to a shot, “They have different reactions,” he said, including running, walking slowly away, or even standing still and looking at the shooter.
“There’s no test for that, is there?” Harden asked.
“No,” Jellison replied.
On Tuesday, Mancini told Bell, “There are no absolutes in deer behavior.”
During a courtroom break, Harden refused to say whether Holmes would take the stand. The trial continues this morning.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
- Former county corrections officer drops appeal of his firing - 0
- Salem man facing charge for attempted murder of mother - 0
- Mass. man charged with sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash - 2
- Another arrest made after Exeter drug sweep - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of assaulting toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- Water Works tax agreement moves closer to approval - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424