Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Lisbon hunter's fatal shot: Was there a deer or not?
Holmes has insisted he saw and heard a doe that morning in the Lisbon woods and shot his Winchester 30-06 bolt-action rifle from about 75 feet.
“I know it’s highly unlikely,” Mancini replied.
Harden repeated that Mancini didn’t know what Holmes had seen.
“I can’t say with any degree of certainty,” Mancini acknowledged.
Jellison testified that there had been times when he’d heard a deer blow only once, while others did so several times. As far as reacting to a shot, “They have different reactions,” he said, including running, walking slowly away, or even standing still and looking at the shooter.
“There’s no test for that, is there?” Harden asked.
“No,” Jellison replied.
On Tuesday, Mancini told Bell, “There are no absolutes in deer behavior.”
During a courtroom break, Harden refused to say whether Holmes would take the stand. The trial continues this morning.
READER COMMENTS: 10
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 1
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917