Attorney General eyes elderly Portsmouth woman's bequest to police officer
Last year, Webber made Portsmouth police Sgt. Aaron Goodwin the primary benefactor to her estate, which includes a waterfront home on Sagamore Creek and a variety of other assets. The change cut out or reduced inheritances for several other heirs, which include charitable organizations, the city of Portsmouth’s police and fire departments and a Massachusetts high school.
Jim Ritzo, Webber’s lawyer for nearly 25 years, became the first to challenge the will earlier this year, suggesting that Goodwin asserted undue influence over his former client.
“Aaron Goodwin did, by reporting the situation to the proper authorities, aid Geraldine W. Webber in preventing her former attorney from maintaining control over (her) against her will during her life under a power of attorney,” Doleac said in the court motion.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Natural gas bills almost double - 5
- Fuller Oil customers frustrated once more - 13
- Support for solar project in Monadnock Region sought - 0
- Iberdrola must file new application for Wild Meadows project - 1
- Heating pellets prove to be in short supply in NH - 13
- Wind farm firm puts application on hold to address safety issues at Groton site - 5
- Groton resident settles with wind farm company - 0
- Advertising campaign pushes for underground Northern Pass - 1
- Report: Gas pipeline not enough to avert New England energy crisis - 23
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Crowley elected in Northfield
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'